The job involves the development of advanced imaging and image processing/recognition algorithms. The ability to analyze the imaging system in detail for the selection/development of appropriate algorithms will be highly valued.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful applicant will be assigned to any one of the following tasks:
- Image reconstruction for both CT systems and tomographic systems using iterative reconstruction methods
- Pre-processing algorithms to correct image data prior to reconstruction
- Applications software for analysis of cardiac images and for radiotherapy treatment planning
- Development of advanced 3-D volume rendering and visualization workstations,
- Interface development for control of medical imaging and therapy systems
- Assist in the development of related grants and proposals and
- Present/publish papers in conferences and journals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Recent degree in engineering, physics, or math, preferably a Ph.D. (B.S./M.S also acceptable).
Knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas:
- Application programming
- Statistical image/signal processing
- X-ray and CT physics.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Programming knowledge in C++, C# and Matlab.