// Leadfeeder Script
- Realtime tumor of tumors and surrounding soft tissue structures
- Image updates at a rate of 1/sec or faster during actual radiation therapy
- Realtime updates to the treatment plan and adjustment of the DMLC
- No moving parts - focal positions are adjusted electronically with a scanning eBeam
- System may be retrofitted to existing Radiotherapy Gantries
- Provides video sequence record of both the radiotherapy beam and the tumor position during the course of treatment since by saving the Portal Imaging data.
- Radiation treatment plans can be more tightly focused on the tumor with less exposure to surrounding tissue
- Higher exposures to the actual tumor volume may be possible increasing the rate of local control and potentially reducing the number of radiation fractions necessary
- The availability of on gantry near-CT quality imaging may improve work flow for the verification of proper patient positioning
- Ultimately improvements in both local control and therapy outcomes can be expected.