System level electrical design. Work from requirements specifications to create complete system schematics, identify and select system components including power systems, motor drives, computers and computer peripherals. Will work with other engineers to complete harness and cable drawings. Participate in prototype assembly, troubleshooting, and test. Must be knowledgeable about UL/CSA/CE for medical devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate detailed system level electrical schematics.
- Identify, select, qualify system level electrical components: sensors, connectors
- Design harnesses and cables
- Participate in prototype assembly, troubleshooting, test.
- Participate in UL/CSA/CE testing
- Interface with other engineers including mechanical design, S/W development, electronic design, and physics.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ten (10) years of experience in the design and development of equipment or systems.
- Background knowledge of medical X-Ray devices and high voltage power supplies is preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical or equivalent.
- Experience with MS Office including Word and Excel
- PLC programming.